Document automation that works
ContractExpress document automation is trusted by the world’s leading law firms and corporations to generate standard legal documents from automated templates, reducing or eliminating the delays, costs, bottlenecks, and risks inherent with manual drafting.
Lawyers are freed to work on higher value negotiations, non-standard matters, and realizable matters. The result is a faster, more efficient, more consistent, more compliant legal service. Everyone wins.
Partners and GCs trust ContractExpress because their lawyers are able to quickly and accurately automate and update their legal templates in Word without requiring IT specialists to convert their legal templates into computer programs.
Why corporations use ContractExpress
Corporations across all industries use ContractExpress document automation to:
• Reduce delays by eliminating the drafting bottleneck in Legal,
• Reduce costs by improving efficiency and better utilizing lawyers’ time,
• Reduce risk and improve compliance by standardizing contract language and approvals.
By combining document automation with approval work-flows, ContractExpress enables business users to initiate contract requests and receive signature-ready, locked PDFs when their request is complete and compliant. We call this trusted self-service contract creation, or "PDF or Lawyer".
Incomplete, non-compliant, or non-standard answers, including any request by the counterparty for changes or the Word version, are routed with an alerting email to defined legal and/or business approvers. Approvers can view and edit the user’s answers, and approve, reject, or reassign to another approver. Lawyers can access fully styled and versioned Word documents generated from the user’s answers for negotiation with the counterparty’s lawyers.
Compliance and Audit
Every step of the process is logged for audit and management reporting. Executed contracts with the associated high-integrity contract data are exported to a contract management site for searching, alerting, and reporting.
Improving client service and law department efficiency
Law departments use ContractExpress to automate the creation and approval of business development agreements including NDAs, license agreements, sales agreements, and procurement agreements. Business clients receive approved contracts more quickly, while the lawyers are able to focus on non-standard, high value matters.
Featured case study: Cisco
"If the questions are answered in such a way that it does not create the need for an external review, a Cisco account manager can sign up a distribution partner in an hour or less."
Steve Harmon, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel
View full case study
Why law firms use ContractExpress
Law firms use ContractExpress document assembly to win new clients, retain key clients, and increase partner profits:
- as an online marketing tool to “showcase” firms’ advanced capabilities to win new clients. The most recent example is Cooley GO using ContractExpress 5.
- as a client collaboration tool to enable their clients to complete an intelligent and interactive online questionnaire on the firm’s web site or sent by email, and have the generated Word document automatically sent to an associate for review.
- as a client portal to provide their clients with user specific “dashboards” to enter new deal information, roundtrip answers into newer versions, and generate locked PDFs or automatically route to an lawyer for review depending on the client’s answers.
- as a volume document assembly “engine” in conjunction with data-driven workflow engines to manage volumes of employment claims on behalf of large corporate clients on-shore and at a price that satisfies the client and makes a healthy profit for the partnership.
- as a client document generator by associates and paralegals to rapidly and accurately create client draft documents for subsequent negotiation by the firm’s lawyers, optionally aided by ContractExpress Drafter. And to generate repetitive “secondary” deal documents such as bondholders’ memos.
- as an engagement letter generator to create consistent and compliant engagement letters, ethical wall memos, and other firm administrative documents where speed, consistency, compliance, integration with other systems, and cost reduction are important.
Generating a document in Preview Mode
Document assembly is sometimes regarded as a “black box”. Questions are answered and documents are generated, with no visibility as to what is happening inside the document. ContractExpress Preview changes this by enabling lawyers to observe changes in the document in real time as they answer the questionnaire.
Featured case study: Seyfarth Shaw
The ContractExpress Difference
Our intuitive & patented template automation tool, ContractExpress Author, enables lawyers to quickly automate and update even the most complex legal documents without needing programmers. Automation without programmers means automated legal processes you can trust.
Sign up for a free trial of ContractExpress to automate and run your own contracts, agreements and other legal documents.